Distress, Eustress, Contraction And Expansion
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on distress, eustress, contraction and expansion. We can reclaim our power, through the present moment, and recognizing that what we say goes. We can always choose to grow from a place of expansion, joy and deep love for ourselves and our lives!
- Distress vs. Eustress: Distress is the type of stress that creates a contracted state within the system while eustress is the type of stress that naturally creates a state of expansion.
- Contraction vs. Expansion: Contraction is when parts of our lives and selves begin to shut down and fold. Our lives are an extension of ourselves, so we can learn a lot by observing how our choices effect them. Are we contracting or expanding? Expansion often looks like a beautiful build out, growth and development- where we fill our lungs deeply and exhale in harmony with what is.
- Go Where You Grow: So often, we reflex back to where we are comfortable and familiar- but we have the ability to go where we grow- and to turn towards the light with intentionality.
- Growing Your Capacity To Handle Stress: When we choose to connect and return to the present moment, we begin to generate awareness, which carries light and grows our capacity to be with and hold the spectrum of states light to dark, negative to positive, etc. It takes work and an openness to hold new states of health, wealth, happiness, love, peace, etc. So next time you notice yourself disassociating with the so called good and reflexing back to the so called bad- just know that these highs and lows are a part of the process. You are simply learning how to hold an upward trajectory as you come into new experiences and states.
- You Are The Alchemist: What you say goes in your life- and you can shift any experience through your power of choice. You can choose how you perceive, interact with and interpret your experiences and your stress, along with making practical choices like what you eat and the people you choose to surround yourself with. With this power of choice, don’t be dumb- be smart, utilize your intention, commit, and you will continue to spiral up.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
- The Upside of Stress by Kelly McGonigal
- Figure Eight, Health Drives Growth And Growth Drives Health
- Open Roads, Shifting The Dial, Bettering Ourselves And Celebrating Growth
- If you missed last week’s heartbeat: Chinese Finger Traps, Engaging The Ego And How Micromanagement Can Be The Illusion of Control
- Work with our Let Go & Grow® team- contact us here for a Free Wellness Workshop for you and your organization.
- Check out our free Healthy Orlando Guide!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.
Leave A Comment