How To Take Pride In Yourself and Your Choices
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on how to take pride in yourself and your choices. Momentum is built through a stacking of “good” choices that we take pride in. These choices are the ones that support, promote energy, build confidence and trust in ourselves and the process. You are the power behind them all- and the more you make choices from the truth of who, what and where you are- versus who, what and where you are not- the more pride you will naturally take in yourself and your choices even if they require courage and are not easy to make!
- How can we begin to take pride in ourselves and in our choices?: This question (quest) alone, like plate tectonics, begins to shift our ecosystem as it acclimates towards growth and deepened possibility. In order to choose choices that we are proud of, we must begin to detangle patterns of guilt, shame, blame, etc. and shine a light on who, what and where we truly are in an effort to reinforce and develop what can be through what is. Here, it takes the strength and courage to accept the truth and begin to feel the impact of the choices we make on either side of the light- dark spectrum. Only in the presence of truth, can we walk forward through acceptance into and towards appreciation and the deep reconciliation that comes with allowing experiences to come full circle- as pain once felt becomes and activates an intrinsic motivation to change and remember. Instead of avoiding or burying the burn- you can begin to connect to it with your power and authority- as you are the only one who let the truth in and set yourself free in this way!
- The Formula: The formula for this activation of pride is simple. First and foremost, you must raise the vibration of and working definition of who, what and where you are and are not until the path is clear and it adds up like a parting of the red sea. Here, you can consider what choices you are proud of and which ones you are not. Then, you can make a written list- and begin to choose accordingly. Last but not least, when you are uninspired remember that these choices are easier done than said– as your life gets easier and far more expansive when you make the choices you are proud of.
- Contrast: When you begin to see and understand the light and dark patterns at play, you can identify the differences and choose choices that align with the trajectory you are interested in investing in and being a part of- less reflex, more empowerment. This often requires an unhooking of time and space to see from above and below- starting with connection, presence and observation and a continual intention and commitment to the cause.
- What is the best choice for me in this moment?: If we can begin to carve out space for this question, the answer will emerge. From this place, we can identify our goals, dreams and desires and build a pathway and a trajectory for the old to fall off as we move forward in the now moment one step at a time. Peace comes from aligned action. When we are out of alignment, static and noise louden as a signal to get back on track. The further we drift, the louder it all gets- in our minds, hearts, bodies, lives and relationships. We can either choose to see and redirect or continue to check out from ourselves. Either way, our true self and desires are not going anywhere- as the noise will just continue to mount. So next time, you see yourself drift in an effort to delay the inevitable remember to remember, come back home, reach in and lead.
- Rework Your Choices Until They Feel Right: If you are feeling dark [ashamed, guilty, etc.], often there is a reason. If you feel pride, often there is one too. How can you rework your choices and your experiences to create a reality that you are proud to claim and be in? For example, if you are ashamed of who you are dating- maybe you are being called to look at and re-evaluate the relationship, to let it go or have a conversation that could free you and your partner up to evolve together. If you are ashamed of a behavior like binge eating or a drug addiction, you could consider exploring alternatives and opening up to working on it. Most shame comes from being human and knowing who we truly are and what we are capable of without making the choices that bridge the gap. So next time you are feeling out of sorts, consider turning towards the pain to access the necessary change that can and will free you. When you let reality put you in check in this way, your whole life will benefit.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
- Learn more right here: Interrupting Patterns, How The Truth Can Set You Free.
- The Parts of Ourselves and How to Hear Them.
- If you missed last week’s heartbeat: Family Dynamics, Generational Curses, Being Who You Truly Are.
- Work with our Let Go & Grow® team- contact us here for a Free Wellness Workshop for you and your organization.
- Check out our free Healthy Orlando Guide!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.