The Parts Of Ourselves And How To Hear Them
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on the parts of ourselves and how to hear them. As we learn how to work with the process, we can continually ground ourselves through the fundamentals such as healthy mindset, diet and lifestyle basics. In this, through simple self-care practices, we begin to learn that we can begin to listen to- and rely on, certain parts of ourselves.
- Naming The Parts: Naming the parts calls them from the dark into the light of day. It’s helpful to have a vocabulary around the different parts of self so that you can break them down and begin to identify the associated characteristics.
- Your Family: The parts of self can be looked at as your children, your family, at the dinner table. Here, you can begin to observe how they communicate with one another and how each part is affected by the next and vice versa. How do act when certain dishes (experiences) are served? By observing each part, their voice and how they interact with one another you will begin to naturally hear them.
- Listen To Hear: In order to hear and drop into an understanding, it is imperative that you acknowledge that they exist in the first place. From there, you can form a connection and observe following the thread from listening to hearing the message that lies beneath the surface.
- End The War: When parts argue and combust in their own special ways- it’s important to know that it is all for you- there is nothing and no one to fight with here. They are all parts of you. Here, by choosing to turn towards the dysfunction you can begin to access the process where you can actually work through what is coming up amidst the chaos. From this place you can identify the problems as you turn towards the solutions that work for every area of your life. Cue expansion and growth versus contraction and confinement.
- Slow Down: There is no need to rush through the process. Take your time. Consider your options. Then, allow yourself to reach in to choose the best choice available to you. When you notice a reflex, let yourself be with it, before reacting so that you can respond from a place of how and authority only inviting in what is in alignment with you and where you are choosing to go. Easier said than done on the surface- but actually easier done than said. Much easier.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.