Checking In vs. Checking Out
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on checking in vs. checking out. When you choose to be checked in with experiences, you can remain connected without being caught up. You are the creator of your reality simply because you have the power to choose the choices we make and the people, places, things, and situations that we have in our lives.
- When You Want To Check Out, Check In: Touching base with yourself and the location in which your choices stem from is key. It isn’t always what you do, it’s how you do it and from where inside of you that choice stems from. Is it a reflexive choice based on survival or chosen with clear intention?
- When You Remember To Remember: When you remember to remember actually remembering is the key- actually remembering and applying what you have learned unlocks doors. This is the challenge and the opportunity- to make the choices that reflect your best self, from the growth you have attained, in the present moment.
- Reminders: Reminders can come in many forms- the activities and people we surround ourselves with can reflect back beautiful parts of self if we choose wisely. We can also surround ourselves with literal reminders like alarm clocks, post it notes, books, screensavers, etc.
- Being Specific: What you say goes- as a throughline- so be specific, let yourself go there, let yourself care- ask questions, explore, dig and connect in the myriad of ways that empower your system.
- Do You Know Yourself?: If you feel that you don’t, begin the journey now. Ask yourself a question, see where it takes you, notice where your choices stem from, connect, observe, look at, learn from, etc. The more you know about yourself the easier it becomes to connect to your power. From here, you can begin to acquire self-confidence and trust as you know and utilize intention and your power of choice.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
- Just Begin, On How To Change Your Life
- On Appreciation and Upping the Value of Our Experiences
- If you missed last week’s heartbeat: On Creating Time And Space
- Work with our Let Go & Grow® team- contact us here for a Free Wellness Workshop for you and your organization.
- Check out our free Healthy Orlando Guide!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.
Leave A Comment