Breaking Ground, The Vagus Nerve And Touching Base With Yourself
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on breaking ground, the vagus nerve, and touching base with yourself. As we learn how to work with the process, we can continually ground ourselves through fundamentals that we can always rely on. With these fundamentals, along with simple self-care practices and exercises, we can begin to build self-trust and confidence, which will then be deepened over time. We can work through reactivity by becoming aware of how our own cycles work, opt-out, reach in, and choose choices that can assist us in working through any life experience that comes our way.
- Zooming Out: When we take a moment to look at the whole, to walk around and change the scene, we are able to move through and opt out of the survival reflex it is so easy to stay stuck within. Here, we can literally and figuratively open up our field of vision and become generous in time, space and perspective.
- The Vagus Nerve: The vagus nerve, also known as the vagal nerves, are the main nerves of your parasympathetic nervous system. This system works on specific functions such as your digestion, heart rate and immune system. We can tone this system through singing, chanting, gargling, cold, specific types of breath work and resets like this that incorporate certain eye movements.
- Expansion vs. Contraction: Expansion brings peace, presence, connection and openness to life experiences whereas contraction can be reflective of distress and a shutting down of the system.
- Drawing Experiences That Match You: If an experience doesn’t match your vibration- tension can arise- whereas an ease and expansion and a flow can come to experiences that work.
- Letting Go: Through an experience of expansion, what isn’t for and of you, begins to break off of you. When we are able to identify the difference we can walk forward with more faith and freedom
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.