Types of Stress and The Underlying Differences
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion at the UCF Exchange on types of stress and the underlying differences. Next time you experience a stressful experience- acknowledge it, embrace it, go within, and see how you can grow through it. Truthfully, the most invasive intervention is to change the core of your belief system- dive deep and allow it to make you even stronger and more resilient than you already are!
- Contraction vs. Expansion: As we grow in awareness, we begin to see, hear and receive the signs our systems are relaying more. Contraction comes when we feel distressed, tense and shut down, whereas expansion comes when we feel open, free and at peace.
- Types Of Stress: There is a type of stress that is indicative of growth and expansion and a type that indicates a warning sign and a state of contraction.
- Identifying The Differences: Identifying the differences takes time and space and the choice to be present with the material relayed- we can’t rush this process but we can choose to be there for it.
- You Can Learn To Love Growth: Through increased awareness and a plugging in and turning towards the process, we can engage a state of inquiry that can shift our experience into a draw versus a push.
- Taking Pride In Yourself: By choosing to grow versus stagnate and uphold the old and outdated models you know you can opt out of, you can and will begin to take your power back and build up your self-confidence, self-worth and self-esteem. When you align your choices with growth, you begin to take pride in yourself- acclimating towards a new preference and model to choose from.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
- View the full UCF Exchange discussion right here: How To Face Your Fears, Activate Courage & Build Self-Confidence | UCF Exchange 2022
- On Integration, Stress & Building A Meaningful Life
- If you missed last week’s heartbeat: Connection As a Channel of Change
- Work with our Let Go & Grow® team- contact us here for a Free Wellness Workshop for you and your organization.
- Check out our free Healthy Orlando Guide!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.
Leave A Comment