On Finding Stability Within Yourself
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on finding stability within yourself and how to simply, joyfully and gratefully come home to yourself through owning your power of choice. While we may not be able to consciously choose the experiences that happen within the context of our lives, we do get to choose how we respond and what they mean to us. By owning ourselves, in this way, and anchoring through the fundamentals, we can stabilize our systems in the midst of the ever changing. Here, we can experience and build an ecosystem of safety that allows us to lean into life and all that it has to offer, increasingly unafraid, as we learn how to access and tap into all that lies within.
- Opting Out of the Highs and Lows: Life is filled with fluctuations, the good-the bad-the ugly, the highs and the lows- which is why it is so important to observe, versus judge, to keep from getting caught up in them. We all know what it feels like, whether high or low, to get caught (that going… going… going… gone sort of feeling).
- Who, What, Where: So where can you place your focus instead? Within. And onto who, what and where you truly are.
- Stability Comes From Within: From this space you can utilize who (creator) and what (capable, important, unique, etc.) you are through the present moment, where you can smooth out and work through the highs and lows, as you navigate, and choose your response with intentionality.
- Working Through Reactivity: When we are triggered (whether happy-excited or anxious-fearful) we often have a propensity to lose ourselves. If we become aware of how these cycles work, we can opt out, reach in and choose our response which can assist us in working through any life experience that comes our way.
- Anchor & Lean In: As we learn how to work with the process, we can continually ground ourselves through the fundamentals (healthy mindset, diet and lifestyle basics) that we can rely on. In this, through simple, self care practices we begin to learn that we can rely on ourselves. With this reliance comes trust and self-confidence which can be built and deepened over time. This creates an ecosystem of safety and security, that cannot be taken away, and that stabilizes the systems through life’s many transitions. This is how health and growth often work together, in a figure eight – spiral up curvature!
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here!
- To read about the health benefits of journaling and how it can be a valuable tool to engage the process and connect the dots to bring awareness to one’s own life experiences, feel free to check out our article right here.
- Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing. Use code: LETSGROW for $100 off!
- For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.
Leave A Comment