Questions, Connection & Reading the Signs
You know those moments, those reflective times, when you just kind of wonder why am I here? What is my purpose? How can I make a difference and find meaning in my experiences?
I did this for a long time, I wondered how I could make a difference in my own life, the lives of of the people I loved, and the world around me and why I was here on earth at this time, in this body and life. I didn’t realize it at the time but these questions caused me to go in search.
Little by little, people and experiences started to enter my life. These people and experiences once perceived as coincidental began to feel like guides, pointing me in a new and different direction.
I searched through hundreds of books, audiobooks, articles, attended classes, you name it. It was almost manic. I would pick up tidbits here and there but nothing seemed to truly impact me, my body and life the way I intended. All of the books and the classes became a short lived high, repetitive, vague, empty and devoid of truth- like they were only scratching the surface.
Me being me, I was not okay with this. I knew there had to be more, and I was determined to find it.
In this article, I seek to teach you what I wish I knew when I was in search mode, how to set up to receive answers and one of the methods I now use, personally and professionally, when I want them. But before we go on, you must have these three prerequisites down or the remainder of the article will be useless.
- First and foremost, as always, you must get present for anything to work. If you are not here in the moment, your place of power, centered and connected, check out my last article “On Presence” before you proceed.
- Second, it is important to take ownership by recognizing that you create your reality with each choice you make, and you have the ability to choose how you perceive your experiences and interpret the world around and within you. This includes disease, conflict, failure, success, trauma, pain and all of the other experiences life brings your way.
- Third, you must remember that we are all connected and all one, and each one of us, criminals included, is an important, contributing member of the team that has something incredible to offer. When you connect, you come from your heart, and when you come from your heart it is easier to cultivate compassion and dissolve the ego- more specifically duality, separation, judgment, condemnation and other patterns that seek to divide and conquer. These patterns will not serve you in the long run and will inhibit your ability to be intuitive, read the signs and find meaning where you seek it.
By getting introspective, becoming aware and choosing to connect, you give yourself the opportunity to look at, learn from, let go of and grow through the challenges you face- to essentially set yourself free. As you address issues, remove obstacles, and break down walls, you begin to heal, and the process begins to work for you as more and more light comes in.
And what does light do? Light dispels darkness, allowing you to see what you were not able to see before- allowing challenges to become opportunities for growth.
Now, let’s dive a little deeper and get a little more specific.
In order to really kick off this process, you must become the observer as you enter into an objective perspective. One of the best ways to do this is through asking targeted questions.
However, for these questions to work, you must become receptive, or open to receiving, an answer- whatever it may be.
You must also learn to slowly but surely drop expectation, force, control and attachment to the outcome for vision and faith in yourself and the process of life. This is easier said than done but the more you exercise your “faith muscles”, the more strength you will have and the more effortless this process will become as faith fills you up and propels you forward.
So now that you are connected, receptive and full of faith.. Let’s apply these principles and ask some questions.
(I recommend sticking with questions that begin with “What” or “How” to start, as they will naturally keep you more objective- but it’s always intention that matters most.)
If you are wondering about your purpose, you could ask…
- What makes me unique and special?
- What change do I want to create within myself and the world?
- What do I want to contribute to the world?
- What kind of impact do I already have on my environment and the people in my life?
If you are trying to find meaning in a difficult experience, you could ask…
- What can I learn from this person, place, thing, or situation?
- What is this person here to teach me?
- What unresolved issue is this experience bringing up in me?
- How can I learn from this situation to assist myself and others?
- How can I let go and grow through this?
By asking these type of questions, out of pure curiosity, your perspective will begin to shift and you will begin to receive solution oriented answers that come in the form of peace, clarity, direction, health and freedom delivered through all kinds of people and experiences. But in order to receive the answers you desire, you must let go, have faith and know that they will come to you when they are meant to. With that said, this is a process and a journey, issues are not cleared over night and answers are not always immediate but found in time. When they come, let them in, let them change you.
- On Your Network, Toxicity And Adjusting Towards And Within The Light
- On Strengths, Weaknesses, Communication and Validation
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.
Leave A Comment