3 Lessons From Therapy
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on 3 lessons from therapy. Building trust within the self by freely working with ourselves, not only provides an in built security and confidence, but it also takes the pressure off of the people, places, things and situations in our lives- creating an ecosystem where we can connect more and defend less.
- I-You-We: The words we choose can change everything or keep us in a holding pattern. When we use the word “I,” we have the opportunity to make change happen in a self directed and courageous way. “You” (although obviously an important and useful word) can distract (in the context of this heartbeat), and “we” can be a safe word- that can dilute our movement forward.
- A Part Of Me: When we say I am- we indicate the whole of us. Instead, as we share, we can access more room to be multidimensional if we say: a part of me. Here, we can freely work with ourselves, and all of the parts vs. being stuck in one room of the house.
- Self- Directed vs. Selfish: There is a big difference. Being self-directed is a form of leadership- that reflects confidence and authentic power.
- Practice What You Teach: When you practice what you teach, you benefit yourself and others. Also, we are in an age where most people are allergic to inauthenticity. So it’s best to do the work, live in integrity and expand accordingly. This requires a commitment to continually reach in and grow towards the light.
- Embodiment: I was recently at a public speaking- performance training, and the coach said: the audience will never have more fun than you are having- if you are calm, they will feel calm, if you are flustered, they may walk away like that too. As a leader, it is important to manage your state as you work to master it. It starts with you being you being you and living in alignment with your authentic self.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For a FREE 7 Day Mind Body Reset, check here!
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.