SSRIs, Tanning Beds, Steak and Tequila
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on SSRIs, tanning beds, steak and tequila. What works for you may not work for your friends or family, just as what works for them may not work for you. It’s great to keep an open mind, engage in conversation and catch new ideas- but just know that you are unique and what works for you will typically be too!
- Different Things Work For Different People: You are unique and your medical journey will be too. In scientific circles, we can see this in n of 1 medicine- or individualized medicine where we study the effects of therapeutic trials and interventions on the individual patient as the sole unit of observation.
- Beyond What Is Right and Wrong: Rumi has a quote- beyond our ideas of right and wrong, there is a field- I’ll meet you there. Here, we have the opportunity to look beyond what is right and wrong to identify and tap into what works for us.
- Non-Judgment: In order to access what is beyond right and wrong we must commit to a space of non-judgment and furthermore observation as we zoom in and out to look at our experiences specifically, holistically and in context.
- Steak, Tequila and Tanning Beds: When asked about SSRI’s, I used the personal example of how I feel steak, tequila and tanning beds are important to my personal health. Beyond right and wrong and all of the dogma, we must support what we know within ourselves and utilize this knowledge in a way that honors the growth we have attained and the awareness available by putting what we know about ourselves into practice.
- In Support of Your Preferences: Would you rather be right or have life and heal? So often, we fixate on being right and creating the storylines that defend and support this versus paying attention to what brings life and can heal. When we reach in to connect and turn on the lights within, we can choose to enter into a relationship within ourselves, as we get to know the difference between our inner voice, our signs and signal versus the influence and voices of the world. Here, as we begin to see with clarity we can choose the choices that support and honor our unique preferences. Being able to delineate our voice versus the world’s and act accordingly is the key that unlocks the door to health, vitality and life lived true to you.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.