On Reworking Distress
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion at the UCF Exchange on reworking distress. Faith in ourselves as we are learning and growing can make it easier for us to focus on finding meaning and depth in the simplest choices. By taking experiences one step at a time, we begin to create an ecosystem that we can trust and relax into.
- Stress Is Neither Good Or Bad: The first way to move through stress is to neutralize our perspective of it, then, from this place, we can clearly decide what we want to do with it and how.
- Stress Is Synonymous With Life: Since stress is a part of life, we can learn to turn towards, skillfully navigate and rework rather than just simply trying to eliminate it. Simply eliminating it is rarely the answer- as roots can run deep and if left unaddressed will spring up in another area of our lives.
- Some Stress Is Important To Remove: Once we take complete ownership, we can begin to see the choices clearly. If an experience of person is continuously bringing about states of distress versus expansion- our task becomes to see this clearly and make moves accordingly.
- The Capacity To Handle Stress Lies Within: When we see ourselves as capability we become increasingly bigger and stress smaller and easier to handle, making it easier to receive from it.
- The Truth: I can feel incapable but know that I am, in truth, capable. This changes everything and allows me to move forward in alignment with the truth as we work through the false belief systems that kept us stuck, frozen and in fight or flight. Here, we can learn to relax, breathe in and be with the truth as it sets us free.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.