Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Then stir up the filling: ½ cup coconut palm sugar, a tbsp. of Pumpkin Pie Spice (aka cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg), a pinch of sea salt, a dash of vanilla, 2 large eggs, 1 can (15 oz.) 100% Pure Pumpkin, and 1 can (13.5 oz.) full fat coconut milk
- Pour the filling into the crust, which you can either make your own or pick on up at your local health foods store. I’ve used the “Wholly Wholesome Gluten Free Pie Crust” in the past
- Bake for about 50 min., check with a tooth pick
- Cool on a rack for about an hour, then refrigerate
- Top with coconut cream before serving! I simply use a can of coconut cream, 2 tsp. of coconut palm sugar and ½ tsp. of vanilla extract- whip for about 30 seconds and voila, the perfect pumpkin pie!
*Alternative sugar options: raw honey, maple syrup, coconut palm sugar, date sugar, molasses, liquid stevia, monk fruit sweetener, erythritol, xylitol.