Fast Food Options For Health Conscious Individuals
Finding the time to prepare healthy meals every day can be quite difficult- especially if you are a busy individual. We don’t always have the time to make our meals, so knowing a few healthy fast food choices can help you stick to your health and fitness goals on the days you don’t have a meal planned. You can also order meal delivery services to help fuel your days! To find out more about pre-packaged meals that are delivered straight to your door, feel free to check this article. What are some options for healthy fast food? Let’s get started!
At Home Devices That Can Be Helpful
If you are at home, you could easily make a smoothie or use an air fryer or instant pot to quickly put something together.
- Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer
- Cuisinart AFR-25 Airfryer
- Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
- Instant Pot (10-in-1 Multi-Use) *Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, etc.
Fast Food Meals
- Overnight oats or chia seed pudding
- Gluten-Free sandwich or wrap with chicken or egg salad, turkey or deli meat
- Rotisserie chicken + fresh salad and a simple dressing or pre-made dressing
Fast Food Snacks
There are a few quick tips that you can implement to help prepare food at home with minimal effort. These food choices will help fuel you up with key nutrients to feed the gut, nourish the body/brain and keep you full! Whether you roll a pure deli turkey with hummus and gluten free crackers or have an apple with nut butter- within seconds you could be full and satiated.
- Cured Meats, Deli Meats, Jerky
- Deli turkey + hummus
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Crackers + Hummus or Guacamole
- Celery + sunflower seed butter
- Fruit, fresh or dried
- Paleo, grain & gluten-free, dairy-free, no sugar added soups!
- Nuts + Seeds + Dates
- Organic Brazil Nuts
- Organic Pecans
- Organic Raw Walnuts
- Organic Raw Whole Cashews
- Raw Unpasteurized Organic Almonds (Sproutable)
- Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- Organic Medjool Dates
- Organic Black Chia Seeds
- Hulled Organic Sunflower Seeds
- Organic Turkish Figs (Calimyrna)
- Organic Sun-dried White Mulberries
- Raw Organic Cacao Nibs
To find out more about a gluten-free and dairy-free diet, feel free to check this article. Here, you will find a brief overview of gluten and dairy, the effects they may have on your body, and some tips on getting started with a gluten-free and dairy-free diet.
Convenience of Having Healthy Fast Food Choices
Choosing a healthy approach to eating while looking at fast food choices can be possible! The key is to know what you are eating and make sure that the other meals you eat throughout your day keep you within your nutrient target goals.
Too Much Sauce. 100% Gluten-free cafe located in Orlando, Florida featuring signature & customized bowls with a variety of global sauces & desserts. They have a wide variety of bold flavors like chimichurri, Greek herbs, and sweet & spicy coconut ginger sauces. They also have a sauce bar with locally made hot sauces!
Chipotle Mexican Grill. If you are craving Mexican food, you can try these healthier orders from the popular Mexican Grill:
- A burrito bowl with protein (if you are looking for a way to cut down on calories, opt for the cauliflower rice or skip the rice altogether)
- Vegetarian bowl or salad with beans, fajita vegetables, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa and guacamole
- A steak salad with beans, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn and guacamole
Whole Foods Hot Bar / Salad Bar. There is no menu at these food bars, so it is up to you to navigate and create your own meal that is both balanced and delicious. Although the Whole Foods bars vary by locations and days of the week, there are plenty of great foods such as simple roasted vegetables, tofu-based entrees, kale sautéed with raisins, etc.
When building out your meal at the Whole Foods bar, try to have a plan in place by breaking down your container into categories such as: greens, vegetables, proteins, extras (nuts, seeds, croutons..) and dressing/sauces. By having these categories set in place, you can easily assemble a balanced meal.
Fresh Kitchen. This restaurant offers 100% gluten-free, dairy-free, anti-biotic free meats, and no processed sugar in their food choices. With locations in Westshore, South Tampa, St. Pete, Sarasota, Davie, Boca Raton and Orlando, their menu items are healthy, cheap and quick. Their mission is to create healthy meals from fresh, high quality ingredients that nourish and energize the body. In addition to their food, they offer pressed juices and teas that are prepared in-house daily.
Bolay. Bolay offers fresh and bold ingredients with 8 custom spice blends from chefs from all around the country. These globally inspired flavors bring nutritious to the fast and casual dining scene. The word Bolay combines the signature dish (the bol) with “olay” to bring forth excitement around the brand and good health!
Blaze Pizza. This custom make-your-own-pizza place offers 3 delicious gluten-free crust options- their original GF dough, Cauliflower dough, and the Keto dough. Workers are happy to change gloves and use separate pizza cutters to avoid cross contamination- just ask! They also offer spicy chorizo (vegan), vegan cheese (soy free) and a variety of fresh veggie options.
Chicken Guy. This restaurant, founded by Guy Fieri and renowned restaurateur, Robert Earl, features all natural fresh chicken tenders and many sauces to choose from. Menus vary by location so make sure to check out what they have beforehand to see their specials!
Sus Hi Eatstation. This fast-paced restaurant has customizable sushi rolls, bowls and burritos. They are the first restaurant I’ve seen in Orlando with gluten-free seaweed. Fast sushi with high quality ingredients and all about creativity and expressing yourself. Sus Hi is a must try!
Salata Salad Kitchen. This restaurant offers fully customizable, tossed-to-order salads, wraps and soups. All of their ingredients- fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, etc. are chopped daily in-house. They also offer organic teas and lemonade. With more than 5 salad bases, more than 50 toppings, and house made gluten-free dressings, you can create a wonderful meal.
HUMBL. Offering fast casual favorites such as pizza, burgers and salads- but 100% plant based! All food is prepared with fresh all natural ingredients and crafted by celebrity chef and founding partner, Matthew Kenney. If you are looking for a vegan twist to your favorite foods, this is a great place to try out.
Black Rooster Taqueria. Contemporary Mexican tacos, bowls & ceviches can be served with coffee and a variety of drinks amid colorful decor. Their mission is to create a place where delicious food is served and enjoyed by people with a passion for art, sustainability and real ingredients.
The Hangry Bison. Located in Winter Park, this restaurant has hand-built burgers with a create-your-own burger concept and is committed to sourcing the freshest ingredients within our community. They offer a gluten- and dairy-free burger options and have events throughout the week with different themes- from music events to small plate specials, The Hangry Bison is a great place to check out!
Kabooki Sushi. Where the food is almost too pretty to eat. Diligent detail is put into each dish, as well as creative freedom, showcasing the best from many parts of the world. Their menu features sushi, sashimi, sushi rolls, ramen and more. Consider having a memorable experience at this beautiful sushi restaurant, there are two locations in the Orlando area: one on East Colonial and one on Sand Lake.
Ta-Ke Sushi Bar & Grill. Ta-Ke Sushi has a cozy and comfortable atmosphere, offering sushi, a variety of appetizers, and hot entrees. I have ordered the “double trouble” roll here and it has been the best sushi roll I’ve ever had in my life. If you are in the downtown Orlando area and craving sushi, this is the place.
Roccos Italian Grille. This romantic Italian restaurant is located just a 10 minute drive from downtown Orlando, offering a warm wood-accented interior, bar and even a scenic garden. They offer authentic Italian cuisine prepared by experienced chefs and even have gluten-free pasta options.
Francesco’s Ristorante & Pizzeria. An excellent option for upscale/casual where service is engaged. This authentic Italian restaurant also offer gluten-free pasta options along with oven-fired comfort food in an antique-chic space with a bar. These flavorful Italian entrees are made using only the freshest local ingredients.
The Alfond Inn. This Winter Park boutique hotel offers traditional southern fare prepared with a modern twist and served in a warm setting. They fuse locally sourced ingredients with a rustic and open-table charm. This inviting space offers gluten-free avocado toast as well as many other delicious options.
Sixty Vines. A comfortable and sophisticated restaurant inspired by California wine country. This space features an open exhibition kitchen, several dining spaces to choose from, and even a greenhouse patio. All dishes are made with local, fresh ingredients.
Kres Chophouse. This steakhouse serves both steak and seafood with a Mediterranean twist. They have been rated the best Orlando steakhouse experience, located in the heart of downtown Orlando. They emphasis quality local ingredients, and they even offer a vegan menu– truly a unique experience.
Extra Dietary Tip: Supplement Basics!
For supplement basics, we strongly recommend looking into the core supplement protocol for men and women (see our Practical Guide to Supplements + Fullscript). All information, including precise dosages, can be found in our online supplement dispensary Fullscript for 15% off!
- B-complex: B vitamins are often depleted when drinking alcohol, make sure to support your system through a comprehensive high quality multivitamin or b-complex day or and morning after.
- NAC: NAC is a precursor to glutathione, a master antioxidant, and it has been found to support liver health, regulate blood sugar, renew and rebuild cellular function and unhook addictive behavior and support mental health.
- Activated Charcoal: One activated charcoal capsule can be taken with each drink- in combination with water activated charcoal can bind to toxicants to assist the body in processing any excess and irregularities.
- DAO and additional enzymes and blood sugar regulators (as seen in Fullscript): These items can assist the system in breaking down histamine, optimizing functionality and release. Many people overeat the next day as an effort to regulate the system but this becomes unnecessary when we feel level and still.
Extra On The Go + Travel Tips!
It’s easier than ever to eat healthy on the go, from state to state and even country to country. Here are some initial thoughts. Healthy food can be the fastest food! You can drink a lot of water, bring a health bar with you on the travel with a tea bag, bring some fruit or nuts and seeds or just simply, know where the nearest Chipotle is. Yelp is also wonderful place- if you search organic, farm to table and- or gluten free you should see a number of wonderful options pop right up.
- Chipotle: you can easily order a bowl with everything but the sour cream and cheese- if you are hungry get double protein and guacamole.
- Starbucks: here, you can easily get a black coffee or tea with almonds and a piece of fruit, some of their prepared packages items can work as well just make sure to read the labels and give the gluten and dairy to a friend or the trash!
- Gas Stations: strangely enough, many gas stations, including Wawa and 7-11 now carry a ton of gluten and dairy free options like pistachios, epic bars, fruit, sparkling water and more.
For extra support and the opportunity to connect with others implementing a gluten-free or dairy-free diet, please check out Let Go & Grow®’s Mind Body Reset. In the Mind Body Reset, Dr. Brooke Stuart will be there to guide you through every step of the way, healing your system through fundamental shifts in mindset, diet, lifestyle, and other natural methods. You will also be able to engage in an elimination provocation diet to personalize and tailor a diet that works for you.
You can also schedule a free 20 min. holistic consultation with Dr. Brooke Stuart- we would love to help you in any way that we can and hope to connect with you soon!