Fast Food Options For Health Conscious Individuals
Finding the time to prepare healthy meals every day can be quite difficult- especially if you are a busy individual. We don’t always have the time to make our meals, so knowing a few healthy fast food choices can help you stick to your health and fitness goals on the days you don’t have a meal planned. You can also order meal delivery services to help fuel your days! To find out more about pre-packaged meals that are delivered straight to your door, feel free to check this article. What are some options for healthy fast food? Let’s get started!
At Home Devices That Can Be Helpful
If you are at home, you could easily make a smoothie or use an air fryer or instant pot to quickly put something together.
- Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer
- Cuisinart AFR-25 Airfryer
- Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
- Instant Pot (10-in-1 Multi-Use) *Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, etc.
Fast Food Meals
- Overnight oats or chia seed pudding
- Gluten-Free sandwich or wrap with chicken or egg salad, turkey or deli meat
- Rotisserie chicken + fresh salad and a simple dressing or pre-made dressing
Fast Food Snacks
There are a few quick tips that you can implement to help prepare food at home with minimal effort. These food choices will help fuel you up with key nutrients to feed the gut, nourish the body/brain and keep you full! Whether you roll a pure deli turkey with hummus and gluten free crackers or have an apple with nut butter- within seconds you could be full and satiated.
- Cured Meats, Deli Meats, Jerky
- Deli turkey + hummus
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Crackers + Hummus or Guacamole
- Celery + sunflower seed butter
- Fruit, fresh or dried
- Nuts + Seeds + Dates
- Organic Brazil Nuts
- Organic Pecans
- Organic Raw Walnuts
- Organic Raw Whole Cashews
- Raw Unpasteurized Organic Almonds (Sproutable)
- Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- Organic Medjool Dates
- Organic Black Chia Seeds
- Hulled Organic Sunflower Seeds
- Organic Turkish Figs (Calimyrna)
- Organic Sun-dried White Mulberries
- Raw Organic Cacao Nibs
To find out more about a gluten-free and dairy-free diet, feel free to check this article. Here, you will find a brief overview of gluten and dairy, the effects they may have on your body, and some tips on getting started with a gluten-free and dairy-free diet.
Convenience of Having Healthy Fast Food Choices
Choosing a healthy approach to eating while looking at fast food choices can be possible! The key is to know what you are eating and make sure that the other meals you eat throughout your day keep you within your nutrient target goals.
Too Much Sauce. 100% Gluten-free cafe located in Orlando, Florida featuring signature & customized bowls with a variety of global sauces & desserts. They have a wide variety of bold flavors like chimichurri, Greek herbs, and sweet & spicy coconut ginger sauces. They also have a sauce bar with locally made hot sauces!
Chipotle Mexican Grill. If you are craving Mexican food, you can try these healthier orders from the popular Mexican Grill:
- A burrito bowl with protein (if you are looking for a way to cut down on calories, opt for the cauliflower rice or skip the rice altogether)
- Vegetarian bowl or salad with beans, fajita vegetables, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa and guacamole
- A steak salad with beans, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn and guacamole
Whole Foods Hot Bar / Salad Bar. There is no menu at these food bars, so it is up to you to navigate and create your own meal that is both balanced and delicious. Although the Whole Foods bars vary by locations and days of the week, there are plenty of great foods such as simple roasted vegetables, tofu-based entrees, kale sautéed with raisins, etc.
When building out your meal at the Whole Foods bar, try to have a plan in place by breaking down your container into categories such as: greens, vegetables, proteins, extras (nuts, seeds, croutons..) and dressing/sauces. By having these categories set in place, you can easily assemble a balanced meal.
Fresh Kitchen. This restaurant offers 100% gluten-free, dairy-free, anti-biotic free meats, and no processed sugar in their food choices. With locations in Westshore, South Tampa, St. Pete, Sarasota, Davie, Boca Raton and Orlando, their menu items are healthy, cheap and quick. Their mission is to create healthy meals from fresh, high quality ingredients that nourish and energize the body. In addition to their food, they offer pressed juices and teas that are prepared in-house daily.
Bolay. Bolay offers fresh and bold ingredients with 8 custom spice blends from chefs from all around the country. These globally inspired flavors bring nutritious to the fast and casual dining scene. The word Bolay combines the signature dish (the bol) with “olay” to bring forth excitement around the brand and good health!
Extra Dietary Tip: Supplement Basics!
For supplement basics, we strongly recommend looking into the core supplement protocol for men and women (see our Practical Guide to Supplements + Fullscript). All information, including precise dosages, can be found in our online supplement dispensary Fullscript for 15% off!
- B-complex: B vitamins are often depleted when drinking alcohol, make sure to support your system through a comprehensive high quality multivitamin or b-complex day or and morning after.
- NAC: NAC is a precursor to glutathione, a master antioxidant, and it has been found to support liver health, regulate blood sugar, renew and rebuild cellular function and unhook addictive behavior and support mental health.
- Activated Charcoal: One activated charcoal capsule can be taken with each drink- in combination with water activated charcoal can bind to toxicants to assist the body in processing any excess and irregularities.
- DAO and additional enzymes and blood sugar regulators (as seen in Fullscript): These items can assist the system in breaking down histamine, optimizing functionality and release. Many people overeat the next day as an effort to regulate the system but this becomes unnecessary when we feel level and still.
For extra support and the opportunity to connect with others implementing a gluten-free or dairy-free diet, please check out Let Go & Grow®’s Mind Body Reset. In the Mind Body Reset, Dr. Brooke Stuart will be there to guide you through every step of the way, healing your system through fundamental shifts in mindset, diet, lifestyle, and other natural methods. You will also be able to engage in an elimination provocation diet to personalize and tailor a diet that works for you.
You can also schedule a free 20 min. holistic consultation with Dr. Brooke Stuart- we would love to help you in any way that we can and hope to connect with you soon!