What’s In My Kitchen?
When you learn to cook from home, you are able to choose your ingredients, build from the ground up, set a healthy intention, eat with purpose and hold a new skill that can impress a date or form a new set of memories- something you can be proud of. Evolutionarily speaking, cooking, particularly in community, primes the system through an intricate engagement of the senses. It’s primal and it’s spiritual- much like the concept of roots and wings, where we can deepen and expand at the same time.
Like anything, once you begin and continue to engage, like staying in the conversation, you’ll realize that the journey and the destination are actually both one in the same. It’s all journey. It’s all practice, and it can be all fun. The more you move along- the easier it can be to integrate and make into your own, over and over again.
So our “why” is simply to help you make healthy happen in the kitchen, in an easy, light way, while providing a roadmap to more freedom in a world that can be so dense. In this article, we will be sharing our favorite kitchen appliances, spices, foods, supplements, etc. Let’s get started and look into our kitchen cabinets, fridges, and pantries together!
If you haven’t yet, it’s important to know that you can trade conventional sugars for items like liquid stevia, monk fruit sweetener, erythritol, and xylitol- that do not spike blood sugar. If you struggle with tooth sensitivity, I would steer clear of stevia and experiment with xylitol. I also believe raw, unfiltered honey, blackstrap molasses, date sugar, fruit, coconut palm sugar and more are suitable options to explore with many health benefits. For a visual, check here.
- Lakanto Classic Monk Fruit Sweetener Packets
- Lakanto Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener [Raw Cane Sugar Substitute]
- Lakanto Golden Sweetener [All Natural Sugar Substitute]
- Lakanto Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- Xlear XyloSweet Non-GMO Xylitol Sweetener, 5lb Bag
- Navitas Organics Coconut Palm Sugar
- BetterBody Foods Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- NuNaturals White Stevia Powder
- Zint Organic Xylitol Sweetener
- Swerve Sweetener, Granular
- NuNaturals NuStevia Liquid Vanilla Stevia Alcohol Free
- NuNaturals Stevia Alcohol Free Liquid Drops
- Date Lady Organic Date Syrup
- Organic Date Sugar
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic Dark Maple Syrup
- Wholesome Sweeteners, Blackstrap Molasses
- Wedderspoon Raw Premium Manuka Honey
For people who are trying to cut sugar, switching to drinking tea is a great way to try a variety of flavors without having to add sugar. There are many naturally sweet teas perfect for guilt-free enjoyment. Teas can also be sweetened in a healthier way with natural sweeteners such as monk fruit. Feel free to check the sugar alternatives above for more healthy ideas!
- Gaia Herbs, Golden Milk Powder
- Green Foods Organic Matcha Green Tea
- Matcha Whisk Set
- Numi Organic Tea Citrus Matcha
- Numi Organic Tea Chocolate Pu-erh
- Numi Organic Tea Breakfast Blend
- Numi Organic Tea Moroccan Mint Herbal Teasan
- The Republic of Tea Gourmet Blackberry Sage Black Tea
- The Republic of Tea Organic Peppermint Bark Herb Tea
- Traditional Medicinals Tea Peppermint Organic
Nut & Seed Butters
Recipe Idea: Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies: 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1/2 cup of unsweetened sunflower seed butter, 3 tsp. of Lakanto’s monk fruit sweetener, 1 tsp. of baking powder, a dash of vanilla extract, mix in a bowl, scoop with a spoon into spheres, press with a fork two ways (crossed) and bake at 350 for 10 minutes… voila! sugar-grain-dairy free, vegan, keto, paleo everything! Here are some nut and seed butters currently stocked in the kitchen:
- SunButter Organic Sunflower Seed Spread
- Natural Power Fuel Crunchy Nut Butter by NuttZo
- 365 by Whole Foods Market, Almond Butter, Unsweetened
If you are interested, we have a whole guide on how to incorporate a gluten and dairy-free diet with more food/pantry recommendations there. Feel free to check out our Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Diet article right here. Here are some milk alternatives in the fridge:
Add spices intentionally to boost your immunity. Certain spices provide stability to the system and clear infection- making them incredible options to promote immune health. For example, turmeric paired with black pepper makes it even more bioavailable, cayenne clears, garlic wards off vampires and other pathogens, ginger provides a similar heat, etc., it truly doesn’t get much better than that! Food is medicine.
- Rebel Roots USDA Organic Salt Free Seasoning
- Borsari Cracked Peppercorn Seasoning
- Borsari Coffee Seasoning Rub
- Borsari Original Seasoned Salt Blend
- Borsari Gluten Free Savory Seasoned Salt Blend
- Borsari Orange Ginger Seasoned Salt
- Frontier Seasoning Blends Indian Curry
- Frontier Co-op Cream of Tartar
- Frontier Pumpkin Pie Spice Salt-Free Blend
- Navitas Organics Cacao Powder
- Frontier Co-op Pink Himalayan Salt
- Simply Organic Ground Cinnamon
- Simply Organic Tumeric Root
- Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Diet
- On Alcohol
- Diet Philosophy
- Sugar Graphic
- Iced Coffee vs. Warm Coffee Research
- Amazon Store With Product Recommendations
Free Resources From Dr. Brooke Stuart + Let Go & Grow®
For extra support and the opportunity to connect with others, please check out Let Go & Grow®’s Mind Body Reset. In the Mind Body Reset, Dr. Brooke Stuart will be there to guide you through every step of the way, healing your system through fundamental shifts in mindset, diet, lifestyle, and other natural methods. You will also be able to engage in an elimination provocation diet to personalize and tailor a diet that works for you.
We want to also offer you our Free Let Go & Grow® Membership where we offer many holistic resources for free, including the heart based practice, our signature 3 min. meditation, and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health. We also have free forums that you can participate in, starting conversations, and asking any questions that you may have!
You can also schedule a free 20 min. holistic consultation with Dr. Brooke Stuart- we would love to help you in any way that we can and hope to connect with you soon!