How To Try Things On and Actively Work With Instinct and Intuition
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on how to try things on and actively work with instinct and intuition. Choosing to connect to your power in this way and get present is much like turning on the light bringing back more of your ability to see and choose in an empowering way.
- Instinct vs. Intuition: Instinct can be seen as more of a primal based reflex that can provide a lot of valuable information, but can also be based on past trauma that is not necessarily relevant in the present moment. Whereas, intuition is typically a soft and quiet voice that feels like ease and an open road accessed increasingly as we establish an ever deepening relationship with our heart.
- Trying Things On: As we try food- supplements- people- places- situations and experiences (mentally) on before we engage, we can gain insight into what the physical engagement of it will bring up emotionally, physiologically and to our system as a whole (mind-body-heart-life and all parts included).
- Presencing: Presencing can be defined as the act of bringing yourself into the present moment to utilize practices that allow us to feel what we feel, locate sensation and engage change moving forward. See this chart for details.
- Asking Questions: Part of presencing can be noting the various parts of self and beginning to communicate with them through a variety of techniques including physical touch and asking questions such as: What do I want? How do I feel? What is coming up for me? What can I let go of? What is the next best step to take?
- Building Self-Trust: At the end of the day, what you say goes. Here, it becomes up to us to take all of the voices and parts into consideration as we take one step at a time and make one choice at a time- generating awareness around and practicing the art and science of engaging that which benefits the whole. This takes a continuous commitment to presencing what lies in beneath the surface, hidden in the unconscious and conscious realms. Here, in the light of day, through conscious awareness, we can make change practical.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
- On Presence: How to Enter the Moment & Become Receptive
- How Can You Actually Get Present?
- If you missed last week’s heartbeat: When Inspiration Strikes, On How A Spring Break Trip Got Me Off More Meds
- Work with our Let Go & Grow® team- contact us here for a Free Wellness Workshop for you and your organization.
- Check out our free Healthy Orlando Guide!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.
Leave A Comment