How To Heal From A Breakup, Article Reading + Additional Notes
In this episode of heartbeat, we dive into an article reading and a discussion on how to heal from a breakup. The concepts held within this topic can be applied to any form of heartbreak, whether you are in or out of a relationship.
- Address the Shock: First things first, you can address the shock through reconnecting with your heartbeat and returning the present moment- remembering all that you are, all that you have and all that you can do. From here, you can begin to walk on solid ground and decide on next steps with intentionality.
- Own the Truth: The truth may hurt- but it will set you free by allowing you to connect with what is and is not. Fake story lines, games and other coping mechanisms that buffer may ease pain temporarily but perpetuate the need for it in the long run- only delaying the inevitable through taking the healing process away from the self. You are capable of listening to your life, processing your feelings and clearing the way for health and growth to take hold. This is part of building your confidence, earning your own trust, and in essence, choosing, forming a relationship with, and learning to love yourself.
- Focus on You, Focus on the Fundamentals: If there was ever a best time to put yourself first, now, in this time of vulnerability, would be it. Here, you can focus on your fundamentals and make the best choices available to you- building up your health through a healthy diet and exercise plan, your friendships through empowering conversations and outings, picking up a new hobby out of pure curiosity, learning a new skill or deepening an old one, redecorating and- or finding more meaning in your career.
- Space + Grace: You are a human being, welcome, welcome! If you “mess up”, just take a moment to remember that you are not broken and you are not your choices. From this place, it is much easier to recenter, gather and transition your thoughts and feelings as you decide to move forward through the healing energies of observation, compassion and love for yourself.
- Moving Forward: Living life is a definitive commitment to momentum- yes, we must do the inner work but we must also apply it- as the outer work is just as important. Here, you can take the steps and process the material through your power of choice as you access the well of creation that lies within. Your future is so bright! If you make it so… say it with me… “My future is so bright! Out with the old, in with the new. I am ready to show up for and receive from each and every experience. It is what it is, and it is what I make it. I am free to be me. All is well deep within my heart, brain, body and life now!”
Not sure where to begin? You can always reconnect, reset and remember, through heart based practice, our simple 3 min. meditation right here.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.