Walking The Human Home, A Discussion On Spirituality, Shame, People Pleasing and Deep Rejection
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on spirituality, shame, people pleasing and deep rejection. You are important. You matter and you make a difference- and what you do and don’t want to engage matters too. When we remove the judgment we become increasingly free to be and choose accordingly.
- This Too Belongs Here: In the perfect words of Toko-pa, “this too belongs here,” sums up the both-and mentality that reflects our human nature and experience on this earth. Here, we can feel into shame and joy, and welcome them all. In this, we can move through rejection in self acceptance- by accepting one experience, one feeling, and one thought at a time- with compassion and love. This allows us to be with each moment and what is coming up rather than wage a war and fight it. Many times the war happens in the background, like a noise we simply got used to.
- Clear Sense of Self: As we become increasingly connected and present, we naturally become increasingly aware of who we are, what we like and don’t like, what feels right and what doesn’t. I call who we are, the authentic self, where we are made in the image and likeness of God and also have a unique signature essence that makes you, you and me, me.
- Walking The Human Home: We can walk the human home by connecting with our true nature and operating from it accordingly. Here, we not only walk our human home, we are also able to help others do the same. Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance is an interesting field of science that studies how this works- validating externally what we know internally- how the importance of introspection, curiosity and self-love reflected in aligned choice not only changes the self but also the world and the people in it.
- Safety & Love: Safety and love are two nouns that set the stage for a healing ecosystem where we can come as we are to explore what is coming up. Through this connection, we can walk the human home with more grace and ease- by healthifying our yes’s and no’s as we navigate shame, rejection, people pleasing reflexes, deep rejection etc.
- On Addiction: When asked “what is addiction?” Dr. Gabor Maté says: “I define addiction as a complex psycho-physiological process manifested in any behavior in which a person finds pleasure and relief and therefore craves, but suffers negative consequences without being able to give it up.”
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For a FREE 7 Day Mind Body Reset, check here!
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.