After working with thousands of women, there is a phrase I hear and read so often, I had to address it…“There is nothing wrong with you.” is an open letter dedicated to everyone who thinks that there is.
The whole world is built around what’s wrong with you, and every once in a while, what’s right- the medical system is the perfect example, a system based on fear and limitation rather than love and health creation. In this article, I’d like to invite you into a different perspective, where you can opt out of the fear and limitations imposed by the world so that you can enter into the freedom that comes with being who you are- because who you are is more than enough and more powerful than you could even begin to imagine.
Every day, I open my inbox or meet with a new patient only to hear and read something along these lines…
- “I am starting to believe that there is something wrong with me.”
- “What’s wrong with me?”
- “Am I crazy?”
- “I can’t figure out what is wrong with me.”
Every time, this is how I respond…
There is nothing wrong with you. It’s all for you.
Your trials and tribulations, your symptoms and wild relationships… They are all for you.
Who has who?
I’ve said it before, and I will say it again… You are not your thoughts, your feelings, your choices or your experiences. You are not even the role you play.
You are not your horrifying childhood, the dessert you ate last night, your divorce from seven years ago, your disease, the medication you are on, or your destructive choices.
You are, however, the power behind them all, and they are here for you.
When I see these challenges in action, pain begging to be transformed, problems asking to be solved, stuff waiting to be sorted through, thrown out, repurposed and cleared- I look at them like untapped freedom.
I see them as room for growth, as health asking to be chosen, and truth waiting to be seen.
And if it’s not, it will keep knocking, until you allow it to set you free, teach you what you have yet to learn, and experience what is possible.
Would you rather have life or be right?
This letter may seem simply like words. This is okay. Invite them in, and in time, they will turn into your experience.
If you choose this perspective, you will be asked to let go- to let go of judgment for observation, resistance for resilience, division for connection, right and wrong for what is, disease for health and many, many more patterns waiting to be transformed…
3 Steps To Begin
- Change your perspective: Remember to remember that there is nothing wrong with you. These challenges are not happening to you. They are for you, and they can be resolved. It’s all part of the process. Lighten up, explore the possibilities, and cultivate curiosity around your challenges. This connection will make things easier along the way.
- Own your power: Take ownership by realizing that they are not just any challenges, they are your challenges– your opportunities for growth, transformation and self actualization. Just remember, you can own them without buying into and identifying with them.
- Remember who you are: Don’t allow your challenges to dent your identity. Remember that you are not them, and they are not you. Without you, they would not exist. Don’t let your mind fool you into thinking that you are not capable. Because the truth is, you have everything you need within yourself to address what comes your way.
Finally, for more information and a tried and true springboard, check out the Let Go & Grow program or my private practice. I have found, personally and professionally, guidance of this kind to be very powerful.