On Embodiment And Safe Expression
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on embodiment and safe expression. How can we begin to come home, become aware, and choose to access the power that we’ve grown into?
- Embodiment: Embodiment can be defined as an expression in visible (and physiological) form experienced as an experience, particularly sensory.
- Why We Check Out: We often check out when we, on any level (unconscious-subconscious-conscious), do not believe we have the capability and resources available to meet the experience (or perceived challenge) at hand. This challenge can come in the form of a person, place, thing, situation, feeling, etc. We also often fear change- for many reasons, good or bad- we become used to what we are used to and must relinquish control when we step into the unknown.
- Engaging With Ourselves: As we connect, show up and presence our experiences, we can begin to give ourselves permission and exercise our create rite to observe and explore that which is coming up to the surface. Here, we can begin to turn towards ourselves by meeting ourselves where we are and allowing a development to occur from that place. Shifting the dial of our perspective creating containers to presence, observe and explore that which is coming up- as we turn towards ourselves grounding into the physical experience as we begin to embody the lessons and express differently.
- Support: As we turn towards ourselves and engage with each experience, we can learn to ground in the physical by simply acknowledging, embracing and welcoming it in and through with an openness. When we are open, we are able to release and receive- release what no longer works as we receive and integrate what does. Here, community, professional help and support of all kinds can be helpful.
- Safe Expression: As children, we often learn to bury or avoid difficult or even pleasurable experiences. As an adult, we have the opportunity to bring them into the light of day where we can begin to experience safety in moments that once sent off alarm bells. Balance, as a trajectory, also becomes important to the naturally upward and onward spiral of harmony- as it allows for a continual (and often subtle) release and integration. By focusing in on the basic fundamentals, we can lower the threshold and welcome change versus the typical barricade we often build as an aversion (to change) that only delays the inevitable. Here, we can remind our system, if we so choose- that all is well and getting better- sending a signal of safety and solidifying our belief in a benevolent universe that is kind and loving and equally built to set us free. Here, we can deepen into faith as we welcome truth.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
- On Embodiment & The Present Moment
- Two Case Studies Depicting The Mind Body Connection
- If you missed last week’s heartbeat: On Making Decisions, Are You Expanding More Than You Are Contracting?
- Work with our Let Go & Grow® team- contact us here for a Free Wellness Workshop for you and your organization.
- Check out our free Healthy Orlando Guide!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.
Leave A Comment