This recording of the live webinar version of the AI-PAMI Patient & Caregiver Presentation on “How Acupuncture and Acupressure Can Treat Pain” is presented by Brooke Stuart, AP, DACM, an integrative practitioner and Douglas Suffield, MAcOM, Pain Education Specialist at UF Health Jacksonville. This panel of acupuncturists provide an overview of acupuncture, its origins, the evidence for its use with pain and how you can apply acupressure techniques to similar body points for self-management of pain. They also provide useful acupuncture and acupressure resources for those looking to get started with finding an acupuncturists and trying the integrative technique. Originally presented on May 13, 2021.
The Aging and Integrative Pain Assessment and Management Initiative (AI-PAMI) is a comprehensive project addressing non-opioid pain management in adults ages 50 and older living in Northeast Florida. The overall goal of AI-PAMI is the advancement of innovative pain education and patient care focused on multimodal and integrative pain management. The project encompasses community outreach, education and research.
- An Overview of Acupuncture
- Find an Acupuncturist
- Acupuncture and condition-specific applications
- Florida Board of Acupuncture
- National Acupuncture Detoxification Association
- Acupuncture Randomized Controlled Trials
- Acupuncture Systematic Reviews
More Holistic Resources
- For more about acupuncture, feel free to check out our article here.
- For more holistic resources, sign up for our Free Let Go & Grow® Membership, where you will receive instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation, a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health & well-being, and so much more.
- For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out our Let Go & Grow® Mind Body Reset, a 6 week reset program. Use promo code: LETSGROW for $100 off! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.