Digestive Tips, On How To Rework The Stress Response When It Comes To Food
In this episode of heartbeat, Dr. Brooke Stuart dives into a discussion on digestive tips and how to rework the stress response when it comes to food. When you are mindful and relaxed, your system can switch into a parasympathetic state where it can rest, digest and process the food you are eating more efficiently.
- Evolutionary Mismatch: In this day and age, our systems are, in general, more distressed than ever before- we meet foods that act like warfare and then expect our bodies to function as we berate it in this enculturated state of duress. Cue the term evolutionary mismatch- where our choices to not align with health, growth and thus, self-actualization.
- Tune In: If this resonates, take a second to place your hands over your heart and return to the present moment. Here, you can take in a deep breath, say a prayer, give thanks to your beautiful body as you shift into the next moment through the now moment and form a new relationship with your body, food and eating patterns.
- Supplements: Certain supplements can be a helpful bridge to the other side. Here, we can provide the system with messages of safety as we form new patterns that translate into new lived experiences. To sign up for our Fullscript dispensary and receive 15% off all physician grade supplements, check here.
- Optimal Digestion: Optimal digestion takes place when we restore health by aligning our choices with it. When we do this, we have the opportunity to unlock our power in a number of different ways gifted with the chance to join new conversations and move beyond the distraction that comes from being incoherent and disconnected.
- The Illusion Of Moderation: From my viewpoint, there is really only what works and what doesn’t at the various stages, times and points in our lives. With this, we must acknowledge and embrace the truth of our experiences so we can make choices that honor our roots grounded in biology and the wings which expand through our more esoteric evolutionary needs.
Not sure where to begin? Sign up for a Free Let Go and Grow® Membership with instant access to the heart based practice, a simple 3 min. meditation and a wellness workshop designed to optimize mental health and well-being, sign up right here- no strings attached!
Have a question, thoughts or notes you want to add? Check out our Let Go & Grow Forums right here, where we can discuss any topic freely with our community. It is completely free to participate and we would love to start some new conversations together!
Check out our Mind Body Reset right here. This 6 week course is where you will have the opportunity to send your mind and body an empowering, new message of safety and peace through your presence and the same mindset, diet, lifestyle techniques and holistic therapies that I use in my private practice- as you establish a new baseline for your health and well-being and build a relationship with it based on the truth about healing.
For a FREE 7 Day Mind Body Reset, check here!
For more information, support and a tried and true springboard that can help you address the fundamentals and unlock your power to heal, make sure to schedule a free holistic consultation and check out letgoandgrow.com! To learn more about holistic healthcare and working with Dr. Brooke in private practice, check here.